RC 006 The Role of the RN in Advance Care Planning
For an individual purchase, click here to purchase and receive immediate access.
Select 2 or more on this page. Access code and instructions will be sent to you in email.
This learner-directed course serves as a follow up to the Basic Concepts course, specifically focusing on the role of the nurse. Purchase includes the Basic Concepts course.
- Assess for the presence of a written advance directive (AD) in a variety of settings (e.g., clinic, hospital, long-term care facility)
- Obtain information on the substance of a completed, written advance directive currently not available
- Assess the need for information on advance directives and advance care planning when no written advance directive exists
- Assess for evidence of healthcare preferences when patients are incapable of making their own healthcare decisions
- Provide information on current medical condition as appropriate
- Assess the need for information to assist with healthcare decision-making
- Advocate for a plan of care consistent with preferences for future healthcare decision-making and involve others as necessary
After completing this course-specific learner-directed module and the evaluation, you will receive access to print a continuing education certificate. Go to respectingchoices.org/types-of-curriculum-and-certification/online-curriculum for complete course information including continuing education credits, conflict of interest statements, and financial disclosures.
Refunds are not available for online seats. You will receive the online learning modules using an access code. The access code is valid for two years from the purchase date. Once the access code has been redeemed, you will have two years to complete and/or review the modules.